Saturday 2 February 2013

New radio station "UFM 101.3" started broadcasting in Klang Valley

A new radio station called UFM 101.3 has started broadcasting recently. I think this station is related to the 1 Malaysia For Youth (1M4U) campaign initiated by the Prime Minister Najib Razak. It is part of his efforts to reach the youth in his speech during the launch of 1M4U in July last year. It is broadcasting on the 101.3 MHz frequency in the Klang Valley area with the slogan "Memang Beda" (Really different). The station has a Facebook page called "UFM Malaysia". The station's name is not related to the other two stations that are also called as UFM; the former which is the university radio station Universiti Teknologi Mara and broadcasting on the 93.6 MHz frequency in Shah Alam, and the latter, which I found through Facebook, which is also a university radio station of Universiti Teknlologi Mara's campus in Dungun, Terengganu on the 95.5 MHz frequency.

2 comments:

  1. When I’m looking for the latest country music, I always end up in one spot – 103.1 WIRK. I was even lucky enough to catch up with Keith Van Allen in the streets and got free ‘Rib Round Up’ tickets. Just one of the many events that keep me tuned into www.wirk.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really like this radio station. Its really different from the other station. It doesn't have many advertising & the DJ is really cool (not talking too much). I prefer this station because of its songs are catching my ear. Memang Beda!

    ReplyDelete