Monday 20 August 2012

My illustration for Hari Raya

Today is the second day of Hari Raya Aidilfitri. I'm doing this blogpost from my grandparents house at Bukit Sentosa, Rawang, Selangor. Two days before Hari Raya, I've decided to change my Twitter icon as it will be the Hari Raya celebrations and I'm turning 18 on August 23. So I made this illustration at my home in Kuala Lumpur. I've coloured them as well using colour pencils.

This is the illustration that I've made. The people inside this illustration are Mitsuo and Sumire, the characters in Perman. I've drawn them wearing Malay clothing, that is, baju melayu and baju kurung. Just fit for the Hari Raya celebrations. In fact, they're actually Japanese while they wearing the clothes.

I've drawn Mitsuo's hair just like how Kaos-san had done where Kaos-san had drawn his hair a bit longer at the back of his head. This is Kaos-san's impression of how Mitsuo would look like when he is a teenager.  Kaos-san draws illustrations for a fan fiction novel series based on Perman which is "Perman Parody World". It is written by @cherry_drops_123 in Japanese and posted on her blog. No changes for Sumire but I forgot to colour her hair clip. I've coloured her mouth red.

To add the finishing touches of my illustration, I've add some common things that are seen during Hari Raya such as lemang and ketupat foldings.

More blogposts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment