Friday 5 October 2012

It's October already!

Five days has passed since the start of October. This month and next month is also the examination season for most secondary school students. What I mean is the PMR, SPM and STPM exams just before the year-end school holidays.

For two weeks starting next Tuesday my second brother will have his PMR examinations (the Penilaian Menengah Rendah, the examinations in the lower secondary school before going to upper secondary school). While for me, I'll have my four-week year-end exam starting on the same day as my second brother's. Before that, as usual, revisions for my year-end exam. The interesting part for my year-end exam will be the Sejarah Kertas 3 (History subject) where candidates have to refer to the Sejarah textbook while making a guided-written outline for a topic in the Sejarah subject. The Kertas 3 is introduced for SPM 2013 because the Ministry of Education believes that many SPM candidate have failed in the subject. The ministry wants all SPM candidates to pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah in 2013. My school has introduced the Sejarah Kertas 3 paper for this year-end exam to test us, the candidates for SPM 2013 for next year's subject paper test.

This week I've read the news about Malaysia-Egypt relations and the Yang di-Pertuan Agong and his wife on an official visit to Japan. Speaking about foreign relations, my interest in foreign relations of Malaysia had started when I read an article in The Star Online about Malaysia-China bilateral relations in August 2012. I became really keen on this matter because I really like to know about how Malaysia interacts with other countries while I was keen on knowing other countries on the internet even though I've never going out of Malaysia before. Since then, I've been making edits on a Wikipedia article named "Foreign relations of Malaysia". What I did is, whenever I read a recent article about relations between Malaysia and a foreign country in a newspaper, I would make edits in the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment