Monday 27 January 2014

TV on-air presentation update #4

What happened two weeks ago and last week in the world of Malaysian TV presentation?

On 19.1.2014 I saw TV3's Buletin 1:30 using Buletin Utama "seketika nanti" bumper. On 24.1.2014 I also saw Buletin Utama using Detik Niaga bumper; previously it was not shown at all and air on the Detik Niaga update at 10:00 am only. I also think that Detik Niaga had used the Bizworld branding for a while.

I saw RTM's sports website last weekend. It can be accessed via sukan.rtm.gov.my. The website offered a livestream of BWF Malaysia Cup match which supplement TV1's telecast of BWF Malaysia Cup. The link to RTM sports website doesn't appear at all at RTM's mystream website.

On 21.1.2014, TV9 on its YouTube channel uploaded a teaser for a sports programme called One Fighting Championship which will air soon. I think this will be the first time a free-to-air TV channel airing a mixed martial arts sport genre. One Fighting Championship has been aired on Tonton Sports section of Tonton video portal. Such programmes have been aired on pay TV such as KIX HD and Astro Supersport.

On the same day I also found out that Hypp TV has blocked TV1 for some part of the evening because Hypp TV does not have its broadcast right to air the Piala FA. This is not the first time I saw this and I have saw this blocking a few times but more specifically on football. I'm not sure whether Hypp TV blocks TV1's airings of Liga Malaysia and Liga Super football matches. Here's a snapshot of Hypp TV blocking TV1 on that day.


Parlimen Malaysia on Hypp TV ch 413 (see picture below taken on 21.1.2014) and RTM Parlimen live streaming is on break as of my check on 13.1.2014, in parallel with the Parliament session break which will go on until March.

On 25.1.2014 I spotted 8TV using their new classification warning with a new font and new background image which is related to 8TV's 10th anniversary celebration. Here's my capture.



Tonton made its Malaysian first e-sport (FSP Game) broadcast called CrossFire Stars Season II. The event will be recorded and uploaded later on Tonton Sports section, not streamed live. It is held on 25-26.1.2014 at Wakalab at Media Prima Digital, Balai Berita Jalan Riong, Kuala Lumpur. It is organised by Crossfire SEA.

On 27.1.2014, Tonton launched Tonton Music which is also on the same night where Anugerah Juara Lagu ke-28 was held.

No comments:

Post a Comment