Saturday 21 September 2013

Media news (episode 29)

Welcome to media news for the week between September 9 and 16. I'm really sorry for the delay of the release of this post because I was busy having fun surfing the internet at home.

RTM
A filler programme which is currently airing on TV1 and TV2 is Merah Saga, a series of sketches that have patriotism value. The sketches have been made in front of audience at Audiotorium Perdana Angkasapuri. I think it started a few months ago.

On September 12, I saw Bernama TV reported that an RTM news programme aired a lookalike Royal Malaysian Police logo downloaded from the internet which offenced the police. RTM made an apology and suspended the individuals related to the incedent.

On September 12, I saw TV1's Biz Malaysia having new ticker graphics where the date and stocks are at the top while the news headlines ticker is at the bottom. It is now generated by a new software which makes the graphics neat much like other graphics used by RTM news instead of being Powerpoint-like generated which made the graphics ugly. Biz Malaysia had a temporary ticker graphic from the Powerpoint-like generator for a few weeks replacing the long-running one.

Media Prima
Izwan Azir Salleh of TV3 news who had just married two weeks ago is reporting on the 50th anniversary of Sarawak's independence within Malaysia.

In a promo for TV3 news' Malaysia Day coverage, I saw Buletin 1:30 and Berita Terkini being named as "B130" and "Terkini" respectively.
Malaysia Day coverage on TV3 news 15-9-2013
Planet Kiara is now airing on TV9 after airing on TV3 a few months ago. It airs every Tuesday and Wednesday at 7:00 pm.

I've heard that there are three presenter auditions which were made by Media Prima this week. They are Pencarian Hos Raudhah (for women only and held in Sri Pentas), Pantene Star Search Anugerah Skrin 2013 and Projek Metro which is in collaboration with Harian Metro, Hot FM and TV3.

Astro
Astro ch 720 that I've mentioned before in a few episodes have been switched off and no longer available when I last checked on September 11.

On September 16, Astro had a day of free viewing of subscription channels after having an upgrade late at night.

I'm planning to update a list of Astro channels in 14:9 aspect ratio soon if I have time because I've checked the subscription channels on September 16.

Others
On September 12, I watched Bernama TV on Hypp TV at 6:00 pm where the programme was Bernama News with Market Report. The headlines was written in Malay instead of the usual English which amazed me. Meanwhile I also checked DW English on Hypp TV where the voiceover for such "in 15 mins/in 30 mins", "next week, same time" announcements are removed and is shown in text instead for the former only.

1 comment: