Thursday 8 August 2013

1M4U 107.9 FM

Today I managed to log a new radio station that I found on the 107.9 Mhz. It is another station which has the same thing as UFM Memang Beda on 101.3 MHz (which I had mentioned on the previous posts). It is called 1M4U 107.9 FM. It broadcasts in the Klang Valley but the signal is not as good as the others (same goes to UFM). The 107.9 Mhz frequency that I heard in the Klang Valley was previously a distant signal of Negeri FM from Negeri Sembilan which I can hear here.

I might have been late to found this new station because I didn't expect this station will be launched. The Prime Minister talked that this station will be launched very soon when launching 1M4U last year but I didn't expect that and believe it was a rumour. Actually I found UFM 101.3 first, then today I found 1M4U 107.9 FM. I only know these two stations by myself through hearing their station identifications. Didn't know it through the news when it launched or by people who had listened it. So I might be late.

According to a Harian Metro report which I found through a Google search, this station was launched in March after two months of test transmissions. The purpose of the station was to inform about the volunteering works made by 1M4U (1 Malaysia for Youth).

2 comments:

  1. Because im4u fm 107.9 and UFM 101.3 are transmitted from Bukit Sungai Besi, so their transmitting distance are shorter than radio station from Gunung Ulu Kali. The other radio station from Gunung Ulu Kali transmit further than Bukit Sungai Besi and KL Tower. im4u fm only covers Klang Valley and North Negeri Sembilan, 107.9fm was previously Klasik Nasional in 2007 till 2009 after Negeri FM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. Didn't really know that there are also radio stations transmitting from Bukit Sungai Besi.

      Delete