Saturday 1 September 2012

40th blogpost and my appreciation on social media

Today I've set a record of making 39 published blogposts. August was the busiest month for my blogging activities because I spent blogging during long festive holidays with 19 blogposts.

It's been six months since I started embracing the world of social media. In 2008, I started using Facebook to interact with my family members and relatives. In March 2012, I started blogging and tweeting after being influenced from @ootayasuko, a fan of Perman from Japan who uses social media by blogging and sometimes tweeting with Twitter. From that moment, I became very serious in social media. Much of my weekend activities is spent by using the internet for social media and editing on Wikipedia.

I started tweeting by opening my Twitter account in the midnight of March 11, 2012. My Twitter handle is "@hazimworks", a combination between my name and Primeworks Studios, the production company of Media Prima which airs its programmes on Media Prima. I also coincidentally found out that Media Prima's TV channels also show my favourite shows which are Fujiko F. Fujio anime such as Doraemon, Kiteretsu and Perman.

My early tweets have the "Inspirasi ceria di hatiku" phrase made by myself by mixing out Media Prima's TV channels' slogans. I created this phrase to show my appreciation of Media Prima TV channels showing Fujiko F. Fujio anime and my passion for those channels.

My best friend on Twitter is @cherry_drops123. We share the same interests - watching Perman, an anme based on the manga by Fujiko F. Fujio. @cherry_drops123 owns a blog called "Aikotoba" where she posts her fan fiction novels of Perman. She lives in Osaka, Japan and she also speaks some English. This is the factor that makes me more comfortable tweeting to her. Besides Perman, she is also a fan of TVXQ, Arashi (influenced from Kaibutsu-kun TV drama where Satoshi Ohno becomes Kaibutsu-kun, One Direction (English boy band) and the Japanese police comedy-drama series Bayside Shakedown.

Other twitter followers who follow me are also Perman fans and also my family members and relatives. Perman fans such as @yoneemon, @PAT_I_SUMER, @kagemaki_k and @KAGE64. I also follow twitter handles that tweet about links to news items. Much of the news items I used are for my edits for Wikipedia articles that I make.

In my blog, I would usually talk about events that happen around me, reviews about TV programmes that I watched, my interests and pictures taken by me. I also labeled each blogposts according to what content I typed.

Without these social media sites, it would be impossible to make out such things in this information age. I don't want to miss out on anything brand new.

No comments:

Post a Comment