Sunday 23 September 2012

Bisho Toshihiko - a character in Perman and a question in Ask John

Last night (September 22) I'm feeling over the moon - I've found two new items on Twitter, both related to anime.

@cherry_drops123 changed her icon tonight. Her icon is a drawing of a really handsome young man. At first I thought that he appeared in her series called "Perman Parody World", but @cherry_drops123 later explained that the character was actually the one that appeared once in the Perman manga. He is Bisho Toshihiko. He is Perman's rival. Kagemaki also sent out a tweet to @cherry_drops123 enclosed with a excerpt of Bisho's appearance. In the excerpt, Bisho introduced himself. Perman looks worried.

Another one was about a question "Why Do Older Otaku Watch Kids' Anime?"" which appeared on Anime Nation's Ask John. I've seen it from a link tweeted by nyusu.fm. John mentioned that after having experienced watching anime for 20 years by watching other genres of anime, he became addicted to children's anime. Before that period, he prefered to watch other genres of anime than children's anime because he wanted to watch provocative, artistic anime. John said that children's anime is far more interesting than fast-paced or hardcore otaku animes. He had sampled some children's anime and claimed that he own Japanese DVD volumes of children's anime. He also mentioned a 2004 Perman movie where it is "has more fluid animation". He refers to the art design and animation of the movie. Even though I'm not at the same age as John, I still agree with his opinion.

PS (Sept 28): @cherry_drops123 responded to me back saying that his name that I mentioned was "Bisho Toshihiko", not "Biwaki Toshihiko" as I mentioned in this blog. I thought that his name "Biwaki" was like Iwaki, a character in Atashinchi, another anime and Iwate, a city in northern Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment