Friday 19 October 2012

Arabic writing used by Malaysian TV stations for Aidiladha

Recently I've seen two TV stations using Arabic writing to promote their programme line-up for the Aidiladha festive period. A really rare opportunity to see local TV stations using Arabic writing for branding. The first one is from TV Alhijrah, which uses the slogan "Al-Adha Kembara Suci" for Aidiladha. There are some differences; in 2011, TV Alhijrah writes "Al-Adha" in Arabic writing which means Aidiladha in Arabic, but this year it has minor changes to the logo. "Al-Adha" is now written in Roman writing. Just a quick note, the theme song for TV Alhijrah's Aidiladha festive branding is Waiting for the Call by Irfan Makki. You can watch the video I linked below.




Moving on to TV9. TV9 reuses its Aidiladha branding but this one is strictly used only promos related to Aidiladha-themed programmes. It also uses Jawi writing, a variation of the Arabic writing. At first I thought it was written as "Akhlahr" but my grandfather pointed out that it was written as "Ikhlas". I was wrong because I read the Jawi letters the wrong way because I read alif as "a", not "i" and "ha" and "ro", not "s". Even the voiceovers have said that in the promos many times.  

(Updated October 25)

No comments:

Post a Comment