Thursday 23 January 2014

Day trip to southernmost part Eurasian continent

On 14.1.2014, my father along with my father's brother went to Johor to visit the southernmost tip of the Eurasian continent located at Tanjung Piai in Johor. I woke up, prepared and go out early just before 4:30 am. First we send my mother and my mother's friend to LCCT because my mother wants to go to a holiday in Padang in Indonesia until 19.1.2014 where the flight starts at 7:50 am so they need to be there two hours early.

Then we went for a breakfast ate some nasi lemak at Dengkil R&R when it was just minutes before 6 am. After that me and my father fetched my father's brother near his house at Mentari Court near Bandar Sunway and then we're off to to our destination. We also passed USJ before going to fetch my father's brother where we can see the construction of MRT is underway.

We went to Tanjung Piai using the North-South Expressway. The weather was fine and the geography of the journey to Tanjung Piai has plain lands and some hills, not like the northern part which has mountain ranges, some limestone hills and some plain lands. My father and my father's brother take turn driving throughout the trip. We could also see the almost complete Bukit Gambir interchange which is located near Muar. I was sleepy at that time. My father and my father's brother take turn driving.

We exited the expressway at Sedenak interchange. After exiting the interchange, we went past pineapple estates and palm oil estates. Most of the land we went are flat and some are hilly. On the way to the destination we saw that most towns have Chinese primary schools and some have mukim (sub-district) offices. Even most houses we saw have tall TV antennas to receive TV signals from far away places such as Singapore and Indonesia like what I saw at Melaka.

We arrived at Tanjung Piai National Park just before 11 am where we were greeted by a lighthouse with a Easat satellite dish at the top and tall pinang trees that look so authentic. There's also a stall near the entrance of Tanjung Piai National Park where we bought some food from there. Then we took some pictures of ourselves at the front of a monument at the entrance of the park.

The whole part of Tanjung Piai National Park is surrounded by mangrove trees. The route to the southernmost part of Eurasian monument is connected by bridges. When we almost enter the monument, the route is surrounded by sea water waves, so we have to remove our shoes. We took pictures and reached the monument which is a globe. We can see nearby ports and ships in the sea and also feel the breezing wind.

After at the monument, I and my father's brother went to the jetty nearby where we can see nearby islands owned by Indonesia and also ships. We took some pictures there.

After at Tanjung Piai, we went to a nearby keropok stall and factory and ate some keropok sample and keropok lekor. The keropok lekor we ate is delicious and the keropok factory also made keropok in crackers size. The cracker size keropok taste good and I've never seen such cracker size keropok before.

We went to the next destination which is Johor Premium Outlet. We went past some towns before going to there. I was feeling sleepy again.

We went to Johor Premium Outlet via an interchange at LINKEDUA. I can see Gunung Pulai nearby. It is a two-storey open air duty-free shopping mall. My father said that Johor Premium Outlet is designed similar to a typical American neighbourhood shopping mall. We looked at some shops at Johor Premium Outlet. We ate lunch at an air-conditioned food court and bought some chocolate only.

We went back to Kuala Lumpur and then ate dinner at a mamak restaurat near my father's brother's house at Bandar Sunway. After that my father send my father's brother back home.

We enjoyed going to the southernmost part of Eurasian continent and also to the state of Johor after many years not going there.

Written by request of my father

No comments:

Post a Comment