Sunday 19 January 2014

Identifying songs used on Malaysian TV

Recently I downloaded Shazam app on my handphone. I remember that the Shazam app is used by one of my mother's brother to identify his favourite songs. I even get enthusiastic about using that app.

The first song that I identified using the Shazam app is the theme tune of a local programme that was aired on NTV7 in the late 2000s and airs on Emas on Hypp TV called Santai Selebriti. Shazam identified it as "Rivage by Jeff Burak". I felt happy at the time because Shazam can identify such tunes from the TV.

Another tune that I identified by myself after seeing it on the Real Time Top Tracks section of Shazam app is "Counting Stars by OneRepublic". The minus one track of Counting Stars was once used by TV9 for its New Year 2014 branding called Evolusi 2014. The track is used for its breakbumpers, "sekarang selepas ini" lineup and "Malam ini" lineup. The song is a bit similar to Ylvis' The Fox.

I will use the app more often to identify any songs that I don't know that appear on TV or radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment