Monday 16 December 2013

Media news daily: Bloomberg and Encorp to start Bloomberg Malaysia channel in 2014 [with some retrospective]

This news just came out today from Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union. Bloomberg and Encorp Group made a partnership to create a Malaysian business news channel in 2014 which is called Bloomberg Television Malaysia. Although ABU claims that this will be "Malaysia's first business news channel", it should be given to The Capital TV, which airs exclusively on Hypp TV and has similar genre with the yet-to-be launched Bloomberg Television Malaysia. The channel will be headed by Michael Chan, Malaysia's industry veteran and will be broadcast from Encorp Group's Encorp Strand, located at Kota Damansara. Its emerging anchors and reporters will use Bloomberg Television's reporting style.

This is not the first time such partnership between Bloomberg and a Malaysian company has made. In the early 2000s, Astro and Bloomberg made a partnership to provide business news for Astro's existing channels of the time without launching a separate channel dedicated exclusively to business news from Bloomberg. Astro airs Bloomberg-branded business news in Malay on Astro Ria, English on Bloomberg on Astro and Astro's news channel and in Chinese on Astro AEC. General news on Astro is provided by Bernama. Simulcasts of Bloomberg's channel has been aired for a time on on Malaysian TV stations; Metrovision in late 1990s and NTV7 in early 2000s in the morning. Bloomberg and Encorp Group's partnership means that this will be the first time a dedicated Malaysian Bloomberg channel will be launched. The existing Bloomberg Television channel airs on Astro and TM's Hypp TV. It is unknown whether the yet-to-be launched Bloomberg Television Malaysia will replace the existing Bloomberg Television channel in Malaysia.

PS: This is the first time I do a "Media news daily"-branded post. I made this branded post in a rush because I saw the news I mentioned above from a news source. As of time I write this post, I have yet to compile the weekly "Media news" starting from when I stopped blogging for a while due to SPM exams until now. I promise I'll do it. Also I may change the weekly "Media news" to a daily one like I did here after I made a compilation that I said.

Small revision on 17.12.2013

No comments:

Post a Comment