Monday 12 November 2012

Brief opinion about the usage of internet by the local media nowadays

Just took out some excerpts from my Facebook page where tonight I had expressed my opinion about the usage of internet by the local media nowadays.

1. Companies nowadays prefer to use social media more often than using only websites, especially Facebook. In my opinion, companies think that using facebook allows more interaction between the company and its customers rather than websites which is more one-sided.

2. I can already feel like local TV stations are too late to introduce a news website, unlike newspapers and news agencies where they have one each. RTM now has one, Media Prima has one too since 2011. Both stations have a few attempts to introduce a news website in the 2000s. Astro Awani prefers Facebook instead. 

3. (refrerring to the 1st paragraph above) When companies use Facebook more often, they will almost forget about their website. That's my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment