Sunday 24 March 2013

I'm almost eager to wait for the return of Perman on TV9

It's been 11 weeks since Perman suddenly stopped broadcasting midway through its run on TV9. The usual 7:00 pm Friday time slot for Perman was interrupted by re-runs of Bola Kampung. It is now that I realised that TV9 regularly broadcast Bola Kampung and its spinoff Bola Kampung X in preparation for the release of Bola Kampung The Movie. Bola Kampung is a local animation series that I don't bother to watch. I prefer watching Perman instead. Really want to watch because I miss almost all episodes.

Throughout the period Perman was on hiatus, I had been calm all the time because I don't have to catch every single episode of Perman in the timeslot previously. But I still look at my Perman fans' recent tweets on Twitter. I also had watched the 1983 "Perman Birdman ga yattekita" movie that I saw for the first time through Dailymotion during the recent Chinese New Year holiday.

During this period I regularly checked the Tonton TV schedule and eagerly waited for the return of the airing of Perman. The Friday 7:00 pm slot is still occupied by Bola Kampung (still waiting for the coming weeks for any changes after the end of Bola Kampung episode run) while the Tuesday 7:00 pm slot previously used by Bola Kampung X will be replaced by Felix The Cat (Felix The Cat had been aired on Astro Ceria a few years ago which is the early 1990s compilation version. The same version has been aired on TV9 as I had confirmed on the first day of the programme aired on April 2, not the 1930s-1950s shorts which had been previously aired on TV3 in the early 2000s just like how TV3 aired Harveytoons as I thought when I originally write this). The Saturday 6:00 pm timeslot used for Planet of the Reban (local animated series which is currently on rerun basis and will end on April 27! Yay!) and Monday 7:00 pm timeslot used for My Giant Friend (I think the episode run will end) may be suitable timeslots for Perman when it returns.

I'm eager to wait for the return. If any programme changes in the timeslots I mentioned and planned do not include Perman in either timeslots, I will stop liking Perman and maybe wait for many years for a return. Meanwhile, for this school holidays, I'm planning to watch the 2004 "Perman Pa-pa-pa the movie Tako de pon Ashi wa pon" movie that I have downloaded from the internet.

UPDATE: Just a while after posting this, I checked TV9's schedule on Sunday April 7 (I refreshed the Tonton TV schedule to check whether there are schedule changes for Sunday programmes starting next month) and it seems that the Bananana Movie Magic which occupied the 5:30-7:30 pm slot will only air for this month only (I think this is experimental; there might be more of this in the future). If both Sandra the Fairytale Detective at 5:30 pm and Canimals at 6:00 pm ended its episode run, then these slots may be useful for the return of the airing of Perman. And TV9 also decreased the last 30 minutes for other programming aimed at adults which means Bananana block on Sunday ends at 7:00 pm.

(Minor correction made on April 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment