Wednesday 19 December 2012

My school holiday activities

The year-end school holidays for this year started early because of Awal Muharram and Deepavali on the second week of November. School holidays is the most enjoyable time for me because I can relax after a hectic school year, spending time enjoying my hobbies and sleep and wake up at a later time than school days (During school holidays I wake up before 10:00 am).

Much of my school holiday activities was spent at home surfing the internet by searching things that I wanted to know by referring to my written drawing papers that I kept, editing Malaysia-related articles on Wikipedia such as Johor royalty and 2012 in Malaysia (I'm a Wikipedian and this year I also learn how to refer sources that I found when I do editing in Wikipedia), drawing, interacting through twitter and facebook, taking pictures of helicopters and aircrafts that have callsigns flying in the sky (I don't collect them anymore because I lost interest right now and see the same helicopters and aircrafts every day).

I also learn about TV-FM-DXing again where I realised that E-skip happens in low VHF band, tropo in UHF band and the tropical band is between medium wave and short wave (DXing is all about receving signals from far away places). In the past I simply enjoy looking at pictures received by TV DXers on the internet. The interest has enabled me to have a short stint in short wave DXing by taping station IDs that I hear in the band between 2006 and 2007. I wish that I want to do DXing again (concentrating on TV-FM DXing instead of amateur radio) once I have a good amount of money to buy DXing equipments.

I've been travelling to places outside Klang Valley; Melaka (in early November with NASOM friends) and the northernmost states of Peninsular Malaysia which are Kedah and Perlis (in early December). I've been in these places only for two days.

Places that I've been for the first time for this school holidays are FRIM in Kepong for jogging and the state of Perlis.

My parents and my mother's sister wants me to be slim and have a healthy body so they bought a pack of Nutrilite health supplements from Amway Malaysia for me. I've started taking the health supplements during breakfast (by drinking the flavoured health supplement drink and some pills) and before lunch and dinner (pills only) and exercising on a bicycle at my home since last month. This will take about ten weeks to make my body slim.

Blogging activities that I've done for this school holiday was talking about an anime called Chimpui that was started last month (now I don't want to watch it again because it's so girlish), anything related to local broadcasting activities that I know in newspapers and anything interesting that I found.

Blogposts that I want to make soon are "other Perman characters that I know", "review of year 2012", "review of my blog's viewership since I open this blog" and anything that is still in my mind that I want to discuss until the school break ends. I am also planning to rebrand my blog and my twitter for year 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment