Sunday 30 December 2012

Retrospective of my life in 2012

Time flies so fast, so much things have happened this year. There's only two days left before we enter the new year of 2013. This year has brought a lot of positive changes to my life. Now I've decided to make a retrospective of my life for this year.

I went to Form 4 this year. The optional subjects that I took - Perdagangan, Tasawwur and ICT - and also the compulsory subjects - have increased my knowledge and benefited me a lot. These are useful for my future. In Sejarah, I learn about the early civilizations of the Greeks, Mesopotamia, Chinese and Egyptians. I also know much about the history of Islam after the death of Prophet Muhammad which includes the Bani Umaiyah, Bani Abbasiyah and Turki Uthmaniyyah. It's so interesting. Reading the history of Islam is much like watching Jejak Rasul. I also learn about colonization made by the Spanish, the Portuguese, the Dutch and also the British. The ICT subject has also broaden my ICT knowledge, especially about the internet. In Tassawur, I learn further about Islam. When I take SPM next year, most of the things that I learned in Form 4 will be put in the SPM examinations. So I need to revise more on that.

This year I'm also active on the internet. I've opened my blog and my twitter, all inspired from ootayasuko, a fan of Perman from Japan. Having a twitter account makes me feel like a typical teenager or a youth while having a blog makes me feel like a typical adult writing his thoughts and interests in a blog. Blog websites have appeared and been growing since the past decade. With all these things, I don't feel like a child again.

I've started blogging since March this year. My blog's name is "hazimworks", with "Hazim" taken from my name and "works" taken from Primeworks Studio, a production company of Media Prima. I've been actively blogging for the past nine months and have made 97 posts. The busiest month I do blogging for this year is this month with 25 posts. The least active month I do blogging was in May with just one post. I usually do blogging during school holidays or weekends. I try writing in my blog whenever I have an idea to write something that I like or I got an interesting news to tell. Subjects that I've written in my blog are the local broadcasting scene, telecommunication and anime.

I opened my Twitter account sometime after I opened this blog. My twitter icon is my fanart of Perman where Mitsuo looks at his copy robot's face turned into a clock. I write "Mitsuo no toke", meaning Mitsuo's clock. I drew a clock on Mitsuo's copy robot's face to represent my interest in broadcasting. I want Mitsuo's copy robot's face to resemble a typical clock that I saw on Malaysian TV. Clocks appear before a news broadcast on TV and is common in my country.  I followed ootayasuko's account first, then the other accounts that interest me, mostly about the local broadcasting scene. Throughout the time I used Twitter, I followed Twitter users that like Perman, mostly from Japan. They are cherry_drops123, yoneemon, kagemaki, milkcocoa21, PAT_iSUMER and perman_magic. cherry_drops123 is a good friend of mine on Twitter. She is a fan of Perman and is able to speak some English with me.

I got acquainted with Perman anime since December 2010 and started watching full time since October last year. Perman is an anime from the man who makes Doraemon. It is my favourite anime right now besides Kiteretsu, also from the man who makes Doraemon.

I would always eat dinner early one hour before the show starts at 7:00 pm every Friday. Watching the anime makes me feel excited because I learn about new things that I don't know in the anime, especially about Sumire Hoshino, one of the characters in Perman who also appear in Doraemon as an adult. Doraemon influenced me to watch Perman. Watching Perman has also revived my passion for drawing. I drew out the characters of Perman especially Mitsuo Suwa from the pictures that I captured when I watch the anime. 

In Wikipedia editing, I learned how to source the information I got (usually newspaper websites' news articles) to my edit on an article. Now I'm writing about lists of programmes on Astro Ceria and TV9, foreign relations of Malaysia and 2012 in Malaysia. In the past, I would only do small edits on an article. I do editing in Wikipedia since 2007, mostly through the English Wikipedia.

I'm currently learning Japanese by myself, mostly through my experience and trial and error. I've started doing this since June 2010 by looking for Japanese writings in Fukuchan anime and also other animes that I watch such as Nonochan and Atashinchi and watching TV sign-ons and sign-offs from Japan on Youtube. I also learn through Google Translation by entering some Japanese text into it.

Throughout the time I learn Japanese, I know all letters of kana (Japanese alphabets which are hiragana and katakana), some kanji (Japanese characters) and some Japanese phrases. I found out that some Japanese phrases that have kanji have different readings, depending on the context of the sentences. The new Japanese phrases that I learn besides the other common phrases that non-Japanese speakers know are konbanwa (good evening) and saraba (another way to say goodbye). I also able to learn Chinese because some of the kanji also appear in Chinese writing. One of my teachers at school, Cikgu Yeoh, helped me with some Chinese phrases.

Learning Japanese has helped me to distinguish between those who don't know Japanese and those who know some Japanese. I really appreciate my knowledge of Japanese a lot, much like how Seungri of Bigbang did. I really like him because he speaks Japanese. I saw him presenting some episodes of Sakigake, a variety show produced by Fuji TV. He has also appeared on some Japanese variety shows. He is the youngest member of Bigbang, a K-POP boy band. He speaks Japanese fluently. Bigbang is a K-POP boy band that I like the most. I used to hear the band's songs a lot.

This year is so remarkable for me because I travelled to places that I've never been before; Langkawi (in June), Alor Setar and Perlis (in December) and Jugra, Banting and Morib beach in Selangor (in April).  I also travelled to Melaka with NASOM students last November. I went to UKM's main campus in Bangi in February and July, FRIM Kepong in November for jogging, Tunku Abdul Rahman Memorial in January, Tun Abdul Razak Memorial and National Museum in February with NASOM One Stop students, Angkasapuri in April for a TV programme. and in December Wisma R&D Universiti Malaya which was used by Telekom Malaysia as their headquarters. 

These are the events of my life that happened this year. Next year I will be busy with school so I think I would not be blogging very often. Maybe. But I will still updating my blog. I'm also going to improve my writing skills and I will also rebrand my blog and my twitter.

Before I sign off, I would like to wish Happy New Year 2013. I want to do my best in my SPM examinations where I will be sitting for the exams in November next year. Thanks for reading.

(Revised on January 5, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment