Monday 3 December 2012

North of peninsular trip (Dec 2012) - part 1

Last weekend some members of my family went to the northernmost part of Malaysia, that is, the states of Kedah and Perlis. We went there through the North-South Expressway with some stops until arriving at Alor Setar and then going through the trunk road to Kangar. We went to a wedding ceremony located just after a pusat serenti (drug addict rehabilitation centre).

After that we went to Padang Besar, a town located between the border bewteen Malaysia and Thailand. There are many local goods sold there, everything is too common, especially souvenir goods, but my favourite is Thai food snacks (the one which is a Thai guy wearing a round spectacle and big white shirt). I don't feel like I was close enough to the border because I am still in the Malaysian part of Padang Besar and I don't have a passport like what my father have.

[TO BE CONTINUED]

Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment