Saturday 27 July 2013

Lesser-known Malaysian broadcasting stations that I know who owns them (July 2013)

Here are the lesser-known Malaysian broadcasting stations that I know who owns them, through self-observation on TV and my findings in the internet.

  • EC Inspirasi (Hypp TV ch 111) - claims as Malaysia's first dedicated youth TV channel; owned by Homegrown Productions Sdn Bhd where most of the programmes in the channel are produced by itself, operating since June 2012 (source: https://www.facebook.com/ecinspirasi/info)
  • Emas (Hypp TV ch 112) - Media Prima archive content channel owned by Media Prima Content Services which has been operating since June 2011, also Emas Plus and Emas Style on ABNXcess digital cable TV (source: http://www.mediaprima.com.my/pressrelease/press-release.aspx?id=184)
  • Hikmah (Hypp TV ch 113) - Islamic content channel with some programmes sourced from JAKIM, also airing through its website, operating since 2010 (source: http://hikmah.tv/v2/)
  • mobTV.my (internet TV station) - also known as The Malaysian Observer.TV, a Malaysian news portal operating since April 2011 and owned by Contract Advertising Sdn Bhd with its offices at 28-2, Jalan 25/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas, Kuala Lumpur
  • MyTTV (internet TV station) - also known as My Tourism TV, a Malaysian news portal concentrating on Malaysian tourism, operating since December 2012 and owned by the same company which owns mobTV.my (see MyTTV's microphone head that I captured)
  • UFM (Klang Valley 101.3 Mhz) - youth radio station broadcasting in the Klang Valley only, seen its advertising banner at mobTV.my and also has its Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment