Sunday 28 July 2013

Media news (episode 23)

Welcome to this week's media news. Not many interesting news this week.

RTM
On July 24, I saw TV1 airing a variation of its doa berbuka puasa which is animated and features a boy and a girl.

Media Prima
Media Prima launches Saya Sayang Malaysia campaign with Boh Plantations for the 56th Merdeka celebration and the 50th anniversary of the formation of Malaysia and also the continuation of #MySyg (more here:http://www.mediaprima.com.my/pressrelease/press-release.aspx?id=186)

On July 23, I saw Jejak Rasul on TV3 at 6:00 pm being broadcast in 14:9 aspect ratio. The next day it airs in the usual 16:9 letterbox.

On July 24, I saw Buletin Utama revised its name graphics.
 
TV Alhijrah
1 Malaysia TV no longer provide streaming of TV Alhijrah when I last checked the "LIVE @ TVALHIJRAH" page of TV Alhijrah's website where the embeeded streaming media has changed to a message from 1 Malaysia TV stating "This channel is not available in your country". When I checked 1 Malaysia IPTV's website, I found out that TV Alhijrah's live streaming is gone.

UPDATE 2/8/2013: The live streaming returned when I last checked on August 1 after I had breaking fast.

Hypp TV
This week Hypp TV made two advertisements; I saw both of them on Emas on Hypp TV ch 112. One is about KidsCo on ch 560 now has a programme block called SyFy Kids from SyFy. Written in the text of KidsCo's advertisement is the offering of an audio option in English and Mandarin beside Malay (actually English is the main broadcast language of this channel) starting July 22. Another is about Hypp TV Everywhere which offers live streaming of its Hypp TV channel offerings through App Store and Google Play apps and through a desktop version accessible through its website. This is only available for Unifi and Streamyx broadband 4 and 8 Mbps customers. A free trial is available for its customers until September 30.

(Updated on August 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment